The primary purpose of zoning is to protect the rights of property owners while still maintaining the general welfare of the rest of the public. Each parcel of land in the City fits into one of 21 zoning districts (18 districts and 3 overlay districts). Each of these districts has specific zoning regulations as listed in the Zoning Ordinance. The Zoning Ordinance for the City of Cloquet was updated and adopted in January 2009 to better correspond with the 2007 Comprehensive Plan.
- Dimensional Standards for Zoning Districts
- Zoning Map 2012
- Zoning Ordinance - Please refer to Chapter 17 of the City Code
The Subdivision Ordinance outlines the requirements for subdividing land, creating new parcels, and consolidating property. City requirements for plats are detailed in this section.
The City of Cloquet is the Local Government Unit (LGU) for enforcing the Wetland Conservation Act.
- Cloquet Wetland Conservation Ordinance
- Brochure on Types of Wetlands
- Wetland Avoidance and Minimization Diagram
- Wetland Delineation Review Checklist
Certified Wetland Delineation
- U.S Fish and Soil Service - Wetlands Data via Google Earth
- U.S Fish and Soil Service - Wetlands Mapper
Web Soil Survey