Public Works Request

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Petition for Improvement

If you would like the City of Cloquet to consider a particular street or utility improvement project, please contact the City Engineer's Office at (218)879-6758 to request the proper forms to submit or if you have questions.

Cloquet Sign Request

If you would like the City of Cloquet to consider installing additional signage on a particular street, please submit a Sign Request Form or fill out our online Sign Request form.

Street Closure

The closing of a public street can only be authorized by the Cloquet City Council. Streets may be closed for special events, block parties, or other related activities. A Street Closure Application must be submitted to the City Administrator, City Hall, 1307 Cloquet Avenue, Cloquet MN 55720. Such application will be reviewed and a recommendation will then be made to the City Council.

Street and Traffic Lights

Overhead Street Lights

Overhead street lights in the City of Cloquet are provided and maintained under two different programs. Many residential street lights are actually owned and maintained by the Minnesota Power, the local electric utility company, and are leased by the City of Cloquet. Other lighting systems are owned and maintained by the Cloquet Public Works Department. Streetlights are used to illuminate street intersections and more commonly used pedestrian ways. They are not intended to provide security for homes or businesses.

To report a street light outage, please fill out our online Street Light Outage form or contact the City Engineer’s office at (218) 879–6758.

Traffic Signal Lights

The Minnesota Department of Transportation (Mn/DOT) owns all of the traffic signals located along Highway 33 in Cloquet. In most cases, the City of Cloquet only maintains or replaces the light bulbs as they burn out. To report signal light outages or malfunctions, please fill out our online Traffic Signal Outage form or contact the City Engineer’s office at (218) 879-6758.

Contact Information

City Engineers Office
Phone: (218) 879-6758
Fax: (218) 879-5998

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer